1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: gkripke@Essential.ORG
Date: 21 Jul 1995 15:46:03
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Armed Services (Senate) (fwd)

Posting from Gawain Kripke <gkripke@Essential.ORG>

I am forwarding two documents for your information. First I am sending a
list of members and subcommittees of the Senate Armed Services
Committee. Please note that the Subcommittee on Readiness has
jurisdiction over the defense cleanup program. Senator John McCain
(R-Arizona) chairs this subcommittee.

I encourage you to contact Sen. McCain's office (especially if you're
from Arizona) and your Senators to express your concerns about declining
budgets for defense cleanups and about the cuts in technical assistance for
RABs and DSMOA funding which are included in the Senate Defense
Authorization Bill.

Separately, I'm sending a general list of addresses and phones (and some
emails) for the Senate. Enjoy and get to work. Please.

Gawain Kripke
Director, Appropriations Project
FRIENDS OF THE EARTH
Internet: gkripke@essential.org

 2-14-95

 UNITED STATE CONGRESS

 SENATE COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS

 104th Congress
 1995-96

 ARMED SERVICES

 SR-228, Russell Senate Office Building, Washington,
 D.C. 20510; (202) 224-3871

 Republicans Democrats

 Strom Thurmond (SC), Chmn. Sam Nunn (GA)
 John Warner (VA) James Exon (NE)
 William Cohen (ME) Carl Levin (MI)
 John McCain (AZ) Edward M. Kennedy (MA)
 Trent Lott (MS) Jeff Bingaman (NM)
 Dan Coats (IN) John Glenn (OH)
 Robert C. Smith (NH) Robert Byrd (WV)
 Dirk Kempthorne (ID) Charles Robb (VA)
 Kay Hutchison (TX) Joseph Lieberman (CT)
 James Inhofe (OK) Richard Bryan (NV)
 Rick Santorum (PA)

 Subcommittees

 Acquisition and Technology