2008 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 23:11:18 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Bayonne (NJ) LRA's former head

Kist leaves a legacy of success

Foundation for future development set while executive director

By Al Sullivan
Hudson Reporter (NJ)
January 30, 2008

Although she has officially stepped down as executive director of the
Bayonne Local Redevelopment Authority, Nancy Kist is still very busy.

Retained by the BLRA as an attorney, Kist is still deeply involved with
the development operations, particularly in helping in the transition of
her replacement, Joseph Nichols.

"Most of what I'm doing is bringing Joe up to speed on what we've done
here," she said during an interview last week.

Although overshadowed by significant political events, such as the
threat by the City Council to dissolve the BLRA over last September's
attempt to sell the Maritime District to the Port Authority of New York
and New Jersey, Kist said her resignation wasn't prompted completely by
the turmoil. She had been looking for a moment when the development of
the former Military Ocean Terminal had reached a point where she could
leave.

http://www.hudsonreporter.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19247730&BRD=1291&PAG=461&dept_id=532622&rfi=6