2007 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2007 17:48:53 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] BRAC-related growth near Huntsville (AL)

Homes still on the rise
Construction thriving in East Limestone area in readiness for BRAC

By KEITH CLINES
Huntsville Times (AL)
November 7, 2007

New home construction in the East Limestone area may not be continuing at the fast pace it has had the past few years, but those close to the industry say that home building is still zooming along well enough to buck the national trend.

The area's existing job market plus the thousands of military and contractor jobs expected to move here in the next few years from the Base Realignment and Closure Commission's moves appears to be fueling the thriving home building business.

"In my opinion, it's probably has slowed a little bit, but to me it's still good," said Roger Elmore, president of Athens-Limestone Association of Realtors Inc. and a Realtor with Legacy Home Group.

http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/news/1194430551226120.xml&coll=1