2007 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2007 22:50:45 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Ft. Lee (VA) expansoin

Hopewell discusses BRAC boom

BY LINDSAY SIMPSON
Petersburg Progress Index (VA)
November 1, 2007

HOPEWELL - The ongoing Base Realignment and Closure actions have guaranteed an impact on the six local jurisdictions surrounding Fort Lee, and many of them stepped up to the plate with the hopes of attaining some of the positives brought on by the changes.

On Monday, Hopewell took its first step in that direction by having the first meeting of the Joint School and City BRAC Task Force.

"It is going to be a vital committee," said school Superintendent Dr. Winston Odom. "We have all the brain trust of the city in this room."

More than 25 individuals were in the room for the first meeting, including council members and school representatives as well as police and fire representatives.

"What we cannot do is nothing," Odom said.

The initial meeting was geared towards informing the attendees of what BRAC is, what is going on inside and outside the gates as well as how it might affect the local community.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18977065&BRD=2271&PAG=461&dept_id=462946&rfi=6