2006 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 27 Jun 2006 18:49:22 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Athens (GA) Veterans' clinic

Veterans Affairs will open local clinic

By Todd DeFeo
Athens Banner-Herald (GA)
June 27, 2006

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs plans to open a temporary veterans clinic in Athens within 30 days, in advance of a permanent facility to serve the 33,000-plus veterans living in the region.

"Our goal is to be there in some kind of temporary location," said Rosalie Bell, spokeswoman for the Augusta VA medical center. "We've looked at the demographics in the Athens area, and they definitely need a presence."

The VA on Monday formally announced its intention to open a clinic in Athens, one of 25 such clinics the government plans to open in 17 states and American Samoa. The announcement comes after failed attempts to locate a clinic in the Classic City since 2004.

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/062706/news_20060627063.shtml