2005 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 6 Jan 2006 21:25:52 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Brunswick Naval Air Station (ME) contamination and cleanup

Group gets briefing on BNAS cleanup efforts

Elizabeth Dorsey
Brunswick Times Record (ME)
January 6, 2006

AUGUSTA - Members of Brunswick Local Redevelopment Authority met for the
first time Thursday with state environmental officials to discuss
contamination levels and cleanup efforts at Brunswick Naval Air Station.

The meeting, held at the State House, was the first of what are expected
to be monthly meetings between the authority - which will spend the next
18 months developing a master reuse plan for the air station property -
and Department of Environmental Protection officials, who have
participated in cleanup oversight to date.

"What we want to be able to do is get to a point where we understand
what the levels of contamination have been and what the cleanup has
been," said Mathew Eddy, Brunswick's director of economic development
and current director of the Local Redevelopment Authority.

http://www.timesrecord.com/website/main.nsf/news.nsf/0/416D518920C1EAB9052570EE005BA426?Opendocument