2005 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 26 Aug 2005 00:26:08 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Day 2 BRAC vote results

The BRAC Commission appears to have taken its voting reports off the
web, so I'm summarizing today's (Thursday, August 25, 2005) actions from
a quick review of news sources. First and foremost, the Commission did
not take action on the many recommendations to close Air Force and Air
National Guard bases.

Second, it made two decisions with a significant impact on the
Washington, DC area. It voted to approve the transfer of 20,000 jobs
from leased office space near northern Virginia Metro stops to locations
such Ft. Belvoir and Quantico Marine Corps Base, far outside the DC
Beltway. It also voted to move the Walter Reed Army Medical Center to Bethesda.

Third, it decided not to close a number of Defense Finance and
Accounting Services offices.

It modified a number of realignment proposals, but I won't try to
characterize them without the official record.

Lenny