2005 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 27 Apr 2005 15:53:24 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Havelock, NC - How does one budget for BRAC?

Havelock seeking to trim budget

K.J. Williams
New Bern Sun Journal (NC)
April 27,2005

HAVELOCK - A trimmer budget for Havelock is under consideration by the Board of Commissioners, with about 4 percent less to spend for 2005-06.

"That's approximately a $400,000 cut coming out of the gates," City Manager Jim Freeman told city commissioners during a presentation on the preliminary budget.

He also said he considered unknown variables such as the possible impact of the Base Realignment and Closure Commission on Cherry Point. The preliminary list of bases to be closed or realigned is expected May 13.

"It could be good. It could be bad. How do you budget for something like that?" he said of BRAC's effect on Cherry Point. "If the BRAC is in our favor, we're going to have growth."

http://www.newbernsj.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Template=/GlobalTemplates/Details.cfm&StoryID=21191&Section=Local

-- Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 http://www.cpeo.org