2018 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 14:51:08 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Rockford [Illinois] man says toxic groundwater gave him cancer"

Contaminated: Rockford man says toxic groundwater gave him cancer

By Kristin Crowley
WREX TV-13 News (Rockford, IL)
April 5, 2018

ROCKFORD (WREX) - Thousands of people in Rockford, exposed to dangerous chemicals through their drinking water: that's a story we first brought you last May about the Southeast Rockford Superfund site. It's an area where the ground water was contaminated after years of dumping by local manufacturers.

After our story aired, one family reached out to 13 WREX desperate for answers for their loved one George Davis. He was diagnosed with cancer and dying. They wanted to know, is it possible the Superfund site that he grew up in made him sick?

"I can't do a lot of stuff I was able to do before. I lost about 95 pounds," said George Davis through labored breathing.

George Davis is 61 years old and he's dying.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.wrex.com/story/37893053/2018/04/Thursday/contaminated-rockford-man-says-toxic-groundwater-gave-him-cancer

Executive Director