2018 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 20:51:55 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Bottom Industrial Park, Hancok County, West Virginia

Business Development Corporation fined $75K

by David Singer
WTOV TV-9 News (Steubenville-Wheeling, WV)
January 10, 2018

HANCOCK COUNTY, W. Va. — The Business Development Corporation of the northern panhandle has been hit with $75,000 in fines.

The fines are tied to the Beech Bottom Industrial Park. West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection inspectors found various elevated levels of contaminants. The BDC said this is part of the cost of business in brownfields.

"We are put in a position where we have to atone for the actions of people who have occupied these sites before us,” said BDC Executive Director Pat Ford.

…

For the entire article, see
http://wtov9.com/news/local/business-development-corporation-fined-75k

Executive Director