2017 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 21:15:47 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Suffolk County, New York Landbank

County Executive Bellone Announces Suffolk Landbank To Revitalize Additional Brownfield Sites In Babylon, Brookhaven And Islip

LONG ISLAND NEWS & PRESS
May 4, 2017

Suffolk County, NY - Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone today announced that the Suffolk County Landbank has issued a request for proposal (RFP) to revitalize nine blighted, environmentally distressed sites in the Towns of Babylon, Brookhaven and Islip that have been tax-delinquent for an average of 16 years. This is the second time the Landbank has issued a series of RFPs with the intention of placing blighted properties back on the tax roll to improve the region’s economy and facilitate the clean-up of potentially environmentally challenged sites. Proposals are due on June 12, 2017.

“We will use every tool in our arsenal to revitalize these neglected properties into tax-paying entities and transform each community,” said County Executive Bellone.  “I encourage anyone interested to submit their proposal to the Suffolk County Landbank as we continue to make progress is restoring promise to these locations."

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.longisland.com/news/05-04-17/county-executive-bellone-announces-suffolk-landbank-to-revitalize-additional-brownfield-sites.html

Executive Director