2016 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:18:52 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Fwd: ATSDR Survey of Municipal Managers re: Brownfields/Waste Ordinances

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Berman, Laurel" <berman.laurel@epa.gov>

Greetings, Lenny:

Would you kindly post the below email to your listserve?

ATSDR is interested in learning about municipal ordinances that may prevent new brownfields from being created. I am Laurel Berman, the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry’s (ATSDR’s) National Brownfields Coordinator. Along with our Program Evaluator Matt Sones, I am working on a brownfields policy project. We created a 5-minute survey geared to municipal managers to ask about awareness of brownfields and any ordinances that may be in place that may prevent new brownfields from forming. We are calling these “waste left in place” ordinances. We hope to use the results of our survey to learn about any ordinances that may be in place, which we may be able to highlight as best practices or to develop model ordinances.

So that you can learn more about us, please see the link below my signature to the ATSDR Brownfields/Land Reuse Program website.  Our survey link is live and shown below. I hope you share this link with your ICMA membership. It will help us advance research into the prevention of brownfields.

We will hold the survey open for at least two weeks (until November 2nd or later). Thank you in advance for helping ATSDR post this very important survey link. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Regards,
Laurel
Laurel Berman, PhD
National Brownfields Coordinator
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
Division of Community Health Investigations
77 W. Jackson Blvd. Ste. 433, ATSD-4J
Chicago, IL
312-886-7476

Voice/Fax: 650/961-8918