2016 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:28:14 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Inhofe, Senators Applaud Senate Passage of S. 1479, the BUILD Act"

News Release
U.S. Senate Environment and Public Works Committee
June 28, 2016

Inhofe, Senators Applaud Senate Passage of S. 1479, the BUILD Act

WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works (EPW) Committee;  Sen. Edward Markey (D-Mass.), ranking member of the EPW Subcommittee on Superfund, Waste Management and Regulatory Oversight; Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.), chairman of the EPW Subcommittee on Superfund, Waste Management and Regulator Oversight; Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), ranking member of the Senate EPW Committee; and Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) today praised the Senate passage by unanimous consent of S.1479, the Brownfields Utilization, Investment, and Local Development Act of 2015 (BUILD Act).

“Reauthorizing the Brownfields program has been a key priority of mine as Chairman of Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, and now we are one step closer to enacting this legislation into law and reforming the program to make several overdue improvements,” Inhofe said. “In my home state of Oklahoma, we have seen firsthand the benefits of the Brownfields program to revive abandoned, contaminated buildings and turn these proprieties into economic contributors to the community as well as job creators for the state. With the bipartisan BUILD Act, we sought to expand the benefits of the Brownfields program to also support small and rural communities as well as Indian tribes. I urge my colleague in the House of Representatives to swiftly move to pass the BUILD Act and add another accomplishment of a Republican-led Congress working to improve our environment while expanding economic opportunity for all.”

For the entire release, see
http://www.epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases-republican?ID=DAEC4D8B-0564-4175-9A0E-BB98DFAE594A