2015 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 23:59:55 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Former General Motors stamping plant, Ontario, Ohio

Column: Former GM site is ready for redevelopment

by Bruce Rasher
Mansfield News Journal (OH)
October 16, 2015

A large, empty space is all that’s left of the former General Motors stamping plant in the City of Ontario. It’s natural to ask why, and to look for an explanation.

We have questions ourselves. But this much we can say with absolute certainty: The status of environmental cleanup has zero to do with why that property sits vacant today (“Former GM site redevelopment slow,” News Journal, Oct. 2; “No excuse for GM site’s continued vacancy,” News Journal, Oct. 10).

It was ready for redevelopment in 2012, when RACER Trust sold it to Brownfield Communities Development Company (BCDC). It is ready for redevelopment today.. It’s natural to ask why, and to look for an explanation.

…

For the entire column, see
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/story/opinion/columnists/2015/10/16/column-former-gm-site-ready-redevelopment/73986992/

278-A Hope Street