2015 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 20:53:40 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "San Rafael’s [California] toxic PG&E plant site nears cleanup phase before sale"

San Rafael’s toxic PG&E plant site nears cleanup phase before sale

By Stephanie Weldy
Marin Independent Journal (CA)
September 20, 2015

A large white tent will go up at San Rafael’s Third and Lindaro streets in the coming weeks at the site of the former Pacific Gas and Electric gas plant as part of the final phase of the environmental cleanup aimed at readying the site for sale.

For roughly the next year, cleanup will take place on the PG&E-owned site at 999 Third St. so the property can be redeveloped.

“We want to make sure the area can be used and the community can thrive,” PG&E spokeswoman Brittany McKannay said. “We want to bring this property to a place where we can have a transaction with another organization that wants to purchase the property.”

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.marinij.com/business/20150920/san-rafaels-toxic-pge-plant-site-nears-cleanup-phase-before-sale

278-A Hope Street