2015 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 21:30:48 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Long Energy site, Albany, New York

State brownfield aid part of Albany apartment conversion plan

Apartment demand high for Lincoln Park area of Albany, prospective developer says

By Brian Nearing
Albany Times-Union (NY)
September 9, 2015

Albany - A century-old warehouse near Lincoln Park is being considered for a $13 million apartment project under a state program that provides subsidies for cleaning up and rebuilding formerly polluted properties.

Niskayuna developer Eric Moses said tentative plans call for up to 80 market-rate apartments to be built at 160 Myrtle Ave., which is owned and operated by Long Energy. The fuel distributor has been in the 31,000-square-foot warehouse since the 1960s.

In July, two companies controlled by Moses - CDREIT LLC and At Hudson Park LLC - applied to add the property to the state Brownfield Cleanup Program. An environmental investigation of potential pollution on the 1.3-acre site is now under way.

"We think that this is an up and coming neighborhood,'' Moses said. "We need to know what is there in the ground. Our plan is to clean it up to the highest standard."

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.timesunion.com/tuplus-business/article/State-brownfield-aid-part-of-Albany-apartment-6491938.php

278-A Hope Street