2015 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 06:54:45 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Daviess County, Indiana

Old Tokheim plant priority one for Brownfield Project

Mike Grant
Washington Times Herald (IN)
July 31, 2015 5:04 pm

A half million dollar project to assess the level of contamination and pollution on properties in a 5 county area is expected to begin with the vacant Tokheim plant on Washington's west side. The project is being funded by the Environmental Protection Agency and is being administered by the Southern Indiana Development Commission. Greg Jones with the SIDC told Daviess County officials the money for the project should arrive on October 1 and he wants to see it hit the ground running.

"We have put together a committee to oversee the Brownfield Project," said Jones. "The first property we want to work on is Tokheim. I would like to get the committee together before then and start getting an environmental firm lined out to look at it."

…

The committee overseeing the projects will include President of the Daviess County Commissioners Michael Taylor who hopes to see the old Tokheim property get back into use. "It was the site of a manufacturing business for years and the perception is there is something in the dirt there," said Taylor. "It seems like in the past whenever something would get cleaned up they would find some contamination. That's what everyone is worried about."

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.washtimesherald.com/news/local_news/old-tokheim-plant-priority-one-for-brownfield-project/article_41a314e8-5c42-5d77-9969-eddfb57c02fc.html

278-A Hope Street