2015 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 11:00:41 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, New York

City seeks community input for development ideas along Richmond Terrace

By Vincent Barone
Staten Island Live (NY)
June 20, 2015

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The city sees potential in the more industrial North Shore, along Richmond Terrace, and is giving residents an opportunity to share development ideas for the area.

Daniel Vieira, program manager of the West Brighton Brownfield Opportunity Area, believes much of the waterfront and industrial space along Richmond Terrace is underused and hopes that residents can help find ways to maximize the residential, commercial and green space along the corridor.

"We're showing up to where people are hopefully to get some outreach as to what people see and what people need in the neighborhoods," Vieira said Saturday during a pop-up workshop for the West Brighton BOA in Corporal Thompson Park. "Then we can create a strategic plan in developing these polluted, or potentially polluted areas."

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2015/06/city_takes_community_input_for.html

278-A Hope Street