2015 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 11:53:02 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Courtney, EPA laud Norwich's [Connecticut] approach to brownfield cleanup"

Courtney, EPA laud Norwich's approach to brownfield cleanup

By Adam Benson
Norwich Bulletin (CT)
March 27. 2015

NORWICH - One day after state housing officials announced a $14 million commitment to develop Norwich’s Ponemah Mills site, city leaders said while gratified, they aren’t done working toward site improvements.

"We always talk about Ponemah because I really feel that once you get this going, it just starts taking off through the city. This is the place we needed to start," Mayor Deb Hinchey during a site walk of the former Taftville cotton plant that is being targeted for a $29 million upgrade to bring 116 condominiums into mill building No. 1 by Hackensack, N.J.-based Onekey LLC.

Hinchey was joined by U.S. Rep. Joe Courtney, D-2nd District, and Environmental Protection agency regional administrator Curt Spalding, leading them on a walkthrough of three major city brownfields in the running for federal clean-up dollars.

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/article/20150327/NEWS/150329555/1994/NEWS