2015 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 07:47:31 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Homes planned for TCE site in Lower Providence Pennsylvania

Lower Providence Board of Supervisors changes zoning for townhouses and homes

By Carl Rotenberg
Times Herald (Montgomery County, PA)
March 19, 2015

LOWER PROVIDENCE - The board of supervisors held a public hearing Thursday over whether to allow single-family homes and townhouses on two parcels of land zoned industrial and professional business office and unanimously approved the two zoning changes.

The board also held a public hearing to permit townhouses in the I-industrial district with a conditional use hearing and unanimously approved that change.

…

“It is an Act II site. There is groundwater contamination on the site. There are several monitoring wells on the site. We are very well-aware about this,” said Christopher Canavan, the senior vice president of W.B. Homes. “We have submitted a cleanup plan to the state Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).”

The soil contamination from trichloroethylene (TCE) is limited to one area behind a rear parking lot, he said. Trichloroethylene (TCE) is a nonflammable, colorless liquid with a somewhat sweet odor and a sweet, burning taste. It is used mainly as a solvent and TCE contamination was discovered in the ground owned by Superior Tube.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.timesherald.com/general-news/20150319/lower-providence-board-of-supervisors-changes-zoning-for-townhouses-and-homes

278-A Hope Street