2015 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 01:44:09 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Ford City's Lower End, Pennsylvania

Planners pushing development of former Ford City industrial sites

By Julie E. Martin
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)
February 7, 2015

More than a decade after development started in a reclaimed industrial area in Ford City's Lower End, the borough's planning commission is pushing for its progress to continue.

"It's been so long, and we're finally looking at this site again. It's about revisiting a plan and seeing what is feasible and living within our means," planning commission member Tyson Klukan said.

He points specifically to a plan developed by the Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission about eight years ago. The regional planning agency's 20-year plan highlights development opportunities for Armstrong County. Redevelopment of the former PPG Industries property stretching roughly from Ford City Veteran's Bridge to its light industrial park is included in that list.

http://triblive.com/news/armstrong/7715928-74/development-ford- industrial#axzz3R91lYPIP