2014 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 21:04:49 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Bowman Gray Stadium, Winston-Salem, North Carolina

City receives offer for stadium

by Chanel Davis
Winston-Salem Chronicle (NC)
June 11, 2014

Winston-Salem State University is a step closer to buying city-owned Bowman Gray Stadium.

City Manager Lee Garrity said this week that the city has received a $7.3 million offer from the state to buy the stadium, which has long been the home-base of WSSU football.

The offer is contingent upon Winston-Salem State successfully completing a Brownfield agreement to test the land on which the property sits for contamination.

"From my understanding, we will be bringing forth to City Council next month the offer and the terms of acceptance for that offer," Garrity said.

http://wschronicle.com/2014/06/city-receives-offer-for-stadium/