2013 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 07:47:19 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Vapor testing in Como neighborhood, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Testing underway for harmful vapors in Como neighborhood

Dave Berggren
KARE TV-11 News (Twin Cities, MN)
November 25, 2013

MINNEAPOLIS - Testing for potentially harmful underground vapors continues in the Como Neighborhood of Minneapolis.

Minnesota-based General Mills is encouraging homeowners in the area to schedule tests to determine if further mitigation efforts are needed.

"We want homeowners to schedule appointments," said General Mills spokesperson Kirstie Foster. "We are going to make this right because Minneapolis is our home."

The General Mills Research Lab dumped trichloroethylene or TCE into the ground more than 50 years ago. General Mills has worked for decades to ensure the groundwater is safe, but testing shows that a plume of vapors remains in the soil.

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1047069/391/Testing-underway-for- harmful-vapors-in-Como-neighborhood