2013 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 08:15:08 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Vapor intrusion sampling at Boeing site, Algona, Washington

New concern with toxic chemical in Algona groundwater

By Gary Horcher
KIRO-TV News (Seattle, WA)
June 14, 2013

ALGONA, Wash. - Alvine Drayton thought the city of Algona would be the perfect place to move and raise her children. Now, she worries a toxic chemical vapor may be seeping into her home.

"I'm scared," Drayton said through tears, still weak from a severe illness that almost took her life four months ago."I just need to know, is it the chemical, a chemical I can't see, that was making me sick?"

Now, Boeing, and the State Department of Ecology are planning to test the air in Drayton's home, and almost two dozen of her Algona neighbors.

For the entire story, see
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/new-concern-toxic-chemical- groundwater-algona/nYLFf/