2013 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 22:19:49 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] REMINDER: EJ/Community Scholarships for Brownfields 2013

REMINDER: EJ/Community Scholarships for Brownfields 2013
Application deadline is April 15

(Please excuse the duplicate messages.)

The Center for Public Environmental Oversight has received funding from U.S. EPA and the Goldstein Brownfields Foundation to provide a limited number of scholarships for environmental justice and other community participants in the Brownfields 2013 Conference in Atlanta, Georgia May 15-17, 2013. See www.brownfieldsconference.org.

We will provide two (one or both) types of assistance for people who are accepted into the scholarship program after submitting the attached or linked application.

1.  We will provide a $100 discount on conference registration, which is $125 for community participants. Each person is responsible for his/her own registration, including a payment of $25. We will provide chosen applicants with instructions for registering with the discount.

2. We will be making reservations and paying directly for two-night hotel stays at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Scholarship recipients are still responsible for incidental expenses at the hotel.

Note than there will be no registration charge for the meetings of the Environmental Justice Caucus, which will be held at the Omni Hotel the evenings of Wednesday, May 15 (main caucus) and Thursday, May 16 (informal debrief).

We will not be providing any additional travel assistance.

We will give preference to community/environmental justice attendees from the Southeast region, but we will not provide lodging for participants who live close enough to stay at home during the conference. Because we expect many more applicants than we can support, we will strive to distribute the scholarships among organizations and communities.

Please fill out and submit the linked application by April 15, 2013. We plan to notify awardees by April 22, 2013. If you are a speaker and need to know earlier, please let us know.

You may download the application from www.cpeo.org/BF13ScholarshipAp.doc . Don’t forget to include the paragraph describing your community work.