2012 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 09:25:32 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Another TCE site in Wake Forest, North Carolina

More Wake Forest homes with toxic TCE levels

By Eileen Park
NBC 17-TV News (Triangle Area, NC)
October 21, 2012

Today, the EPA has confirmed that five more homes in Wake Forest are contaminated with unacceptable levels of the cancer causing, TCE.

For Liz Allen and her husband, news that their home tested positive for TCE, was unsettling.

"We were hoping that we would be one of the people that perhaps passed, but we just found out today that it's above the safe levels for us to drink the water," Allen said. "We've been using the water for five months and when we were buying the house, we had no idea this was even an issue, that this was something we had to test for."

http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2012/oct/21/more-wake-forest-homes-toxic- tce-levels-ar-2712167/