2012 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 08:58:27 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Scared residents moving out of Elmwood" (Missouri)

Scared residents moving out of Elmwood, after known chemical dumping

by John Knicely
KMOV TV-4 News (St. Louis, MO)
September 4, 2012

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) -- After 43 years in her North St. Louis County home Blanch Henley moved out Tuesday.

"I'm not safe living in my home," Henley said. "I've talked to my attorney, my doctor, and my family is pushing me to get out."

Henley's home is one of 3 homes that have tested positive for TCE, a degreaser chemical that can cause cancer and chronic disease. The Environmental Protection Agency and Missouri Department of Natural Resources are now examining a second round of tests completed 10 days ago.

http://www.kmov.com/news/editors-pick/Scared-residents-moving-out-of- Elmwood-State-knew-of-chemical-dumping-since-1981-168561526.html