2012 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:16:45 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Chardon Rubber site, Chardon, Ohio

Chardon Rubber site cleanup complete, new jobs being added

By Betsy Scott

News-Herald (OH)
July 25, 2012

New life continues to emerge from the rubble of one of Chardonâs manufacturing landmarks.

Brownfield remediation and renovations are complete at Chardon Custom Polymers, 373 Washington St., - once home to Chardon Rubber Co. - and business is humming along.

"We've picked up quite a bit," company President Marian K. DeVoe said. "Employment's grown from 14 employees two years ago to 20 employees today and we are still interviewing for additional positions."

Job creation was a component of the $2 million redevelopment project that netted a $1.4 million Clean Ohio Revitalization Fund grant. The project is anticipated to result in about 50 new jobs within five years, $45,000 in income tax revenue and a net increase of $2 million in property value.

http://news-herald.com/articles/2012/07/25/news/ doc500ed60346895750377546.txt

278-A Hope Street, Mountain View, CA 94041
Voice: 650-961-8918 or 650-969-1545
Fax: 650-961-8918