2012 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 07:22:21 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Woodbridge Energy Center, Keasbey, New Jersey

New Electric Power Facility Coming To Keasbey Brownfield Site
The Woodbridge Energy Center will produce enough electricity to power 700,000 homes.

By Joshua J. Burnett
Woodbridge Patch (NJ)
July 12, 2012

Efficiency is the word of the day for the new Woodbridge Energy Center, a new power plant coming to Keasbey.

The natural gas-fueled electric generation facility will be located at the former EPEC Polymers site in the Keasbey Redevelopment Zone, an 655-acre area that is currently undergoing remediation, restoration, and redevelopment. The zone also includes an area where forty thousand cubic yards of soil contaminated with low levels of benzo(a)pyrene was trucked from Bound Brook to use as fill-in material and will also include a waterfront park, giving residents access to the Raritan River for the first time in over a century.

"We are here today because we're done planning, we're working on cleanup, and we actually have something real and major coming to this site," said Caroline Ehrlich, Director of the Woodbridge Redevelopment Agency.

http://woodbridge.patch.com/articles/new-electric-power-facility- coming-to-keasbey-brownfield-site