2011 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 12:56:34 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Delaware funding

Delaware environment: Cleaning up contamination
Markell calls for spending $5M of revenue surplus on 'brownfield' redevelopment

JEFF MONTGOMERY
Wilmington News Journal (DE)
May 13, 2011  |
Gov. Jack Markell called Friday for a $5 million boost to a program that supports cleanup and development of environmentally tainted properties in the administration's latest bid to shape choices for spending a $320 million revenue surplus.

Addressing some 250 people at a conference at the Center on the Riverfront in Wilmington, Markell said the investment in so-called "brownfields" would create jobs and boost the state's economy, a theme that he has mentioned repeatedly in a series of proposals for the surplus.

"What I'm proposing is an important investment in brownfield redevelopment and environmental cleanups that are going to create shovel-ready opportunities for development while making our communities safer and healthier," Markell said.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/BL/20110514/NEWS02/105140360/ Cleaning-up-contamination?odyssey=nav%7Chead