2010 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 21:55:33 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Jersey City (NJ) wind farm idea

Jersey City dad advocates for wind farm instead of gas pipeline

Amy Sara Clark
Jersey Journal (NJ)
November 5, 2010

As opposition to the proposed natural gas pipeline through Bayonne, Jersey City and Hoboken builds, one Jersey City resident has floated a new idea.

Why not use the brownfield next to Liberty State Park to build a wind farm?

"It would act as a beacon that sets a new precedent in the desires and sacrifices an urban community accepts. A symbol that a community has spoken, has decided on sustainability and is able to hold its head up to say 'We are doing our part,'" writes Richard Williams in his brand new Jersey City Green Map Blog.

Williams, a 46-year-old computer software writer who lives in Hamilton Park, started the site last month after he learned about the pipeline.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2010/11/post_130.html