2010 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:01:41 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Penn Empire site, Celoron, New York

Brigiotta's Expanding
Project Will Clean Up Brownfield Site In Celoron

By Dennis Phillips
Jamestown Post-Journal (NY)
July 8, 2010

CELORON - A tax delinquent property that has been sitting uselessly along Livingston Avenue in Celoron will soon be a suitable business site once again.

Last month, the Chautauqua County Legislature approved the transfer of property that was the former Penn Empire site to Brigiotta's Farmland Produce & Garden Center, which the business will use to expand its operations. Tim Galbato, Brigiotta's spokesperson, said the six-acre site, at first, will be used to complement the whole fruit sales operation at its Fairmount Avenue location and the company's greenhouse business on Livingston Avenue. In the near future, however, the facility will be used to expand Brigiotta's wholesale produce operation by linking up with the railroad that travels next to the property.

"We're talking to the railroad company to put in a stop so we can bring in boxcar loads of potatoes for packing at the facility," Galbato said.

http://post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/561820.html?nav=5018