2010 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 00:59:50 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Fairfield, Connecticut's third train station

Governor Rell announces agreement to speed completion of third Fairfield train station

Governor's Office (CT) Press Release
April 29, 2010

Governor M. Jodi Rell today announced a breakthrough in negotiations with the Town of Fairfield and developer Blackrock Realty that will allow the completion of the Fairfield Metro Center commuter rail station with full parking facilities and accompanying vehicle and pedestrian access.

"We have an innovative solution to help finish this project despite an extraordinarily difficult economy," Governor Rell said. "That solution will benefit the state and the community, as well as the thousands of commuters who depend on Metro-North's New Haven Line to get to and from work every day.

"We are taking a once-blighted 'brownfield' and turning it into positive, transit-oriented development - along with open space for a park and improved protections for wetlands," the Governor said. "And, of course, the project itself keeps and creates construction jobs, which are always welcome. I want to commend everyone involved for making this happen."

For the entire release, see
http://www.connecticutplus.com/cplus/information/news/Local_2/Governor-Rell-announces-agreement-to-speed-completion-of-third-Fairfield-train-station82468246.shtml