2010 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 08:14:25 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Vapor intrusion investigation at Motorola 52nd Street site, Phoenix, Arizona

[I visited this site earlier this year, and I'll be writing my own report soon. - LS]

Homes May Be Tested For Toxic Air

Peter Busch
KPHO YV-5 News (Phoenix, AZ)
March 4, 2010

PHOENIX -- People who live next to one of the Valley's oldest industrial sites may finally find out if they've been breathing toxic chemicals in their homes.

The federal government classified the Motorola Plant in east Phoenix as a Superfund site in 1989.

The Environmental Protection Agency said it is currently working with the company Freescale on the terms of an investigation, which could be the first to test the soil of the residential areas adjacent to the commercial site.

Freescale took over the plant from Motorola.

For the entire story and video, see
http://www.kpho.com/health/22735077/detail.html