2009 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 10:05:20 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] [Fwd: Announcing two new ways to communicate with OSWER]

From: aastanislaus@epamail.epa.gov

Greetings – I hope you’re enjoying your holiday season so far.

During my first several months as Assistant Administrator of EPA’s
Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response (OSWER), many of you have
expressed a desire for increased dialogue with OSWER. Though I’ve been
able to meet with stakeholders across the country, I am continually
seeking out new ways to communicate with the public. Toward that end, I
am excited to announce two new initiatives that I hope will make it
easier for you to share your thoughts, opinions, and ideas with myself
and EPA experts.

OSWER Discussion Forum – A new discussion forum – a public comment board
designed to generate dialogue about OSWER issues – is now available
online at http://blog.epa.gov/oswerforum/. This forum allows anyone with
an interest in OSWER’s work to discuss hot topics with each other and
EPA experts. I will be checking the forum regularly and look forward to
participating in the dialogue.

Video Town Hall – Stakeholder meetings are an important part of OSWER’s
decision-making process, but it’s not always possible for people to
attend a face-to-face meeting. With that in mind, we are holding our
first Video Town Hall meeting on December 16, 2009 from 1:00-2:45 PM ET.
The topic of this meeting is Superfund. The first hour of the meeting
will cover the following three topics as they relate to Superfund: 1)
community engagement, 2) performance measures, and 3) brownfields
flexibility and resources. The second hour of the meeting will be an
open forum for any questions relating to Superfund. Attendees will have
an opportunity to ask Superfund-related questions directly to myself and
other EPA experts throughout the meeting.

There are two ways to attend the Video Town Hall:

   1. Watch online. Access the streaming video feed at
      www.epa.gov/oswer/videotownhall.htm. You can e-mail questions to
      townhallquestions@epa.gov before or during the meeting. We will
      select a representative sample of questions and answer as many as
      possible.

   2. Call in. You can listen to the meeting toll-free by calling
      1-877-220-5073, conference code 45658782. People attending by
      phone will have an opportunity to ask questions towards the end of
      the meeting. We will answer as many questions as possible.

I hope you’ll join me in either or both of these activities.

Sincerely,
Mathy Stanislaus
Assistant Administrator for EPA's Office of Solid Waste and Emergency
Response