2009 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:21:14 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Remington-Rand Building, North Tonawanda, New York

NORTH TONAWANDA: Rand developer offers update on renovations to canalside factory

By Neale Gulley
The Tonawanda News (NY)
September 18, 2009

Manhattan-based developer Tony Kissling wants people in North Tonawanda to know change is coming.

At best, many who are tied to the conversion of Sweeney Street's former Remington-Rand factory building into 81 live/work apartment units hope that change means bringing business and cash-carrying outsiders into this cottage community.

For his part, Kissling is not hoping, but guaranteeing it will at least mean a long-dormant building is turned into something new. "We've been going on for six years now and it's hard but we're able to get going on this thing," he said. "We've got the mortgage commitment and everything."

Cleanup of the site began in May, a groundbreaking ceremony was attended by local, state and national officials from the area, seemingly all of whom helped secure some kind of funding or tax credit for the project.

http://www.tonawanda-news.com/local/local_story_261000930.html