2008 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:39:02 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] 1913 Post Office Building, North Platte, Nebraska

Contamination could be problem for CUAC

By DIANE WETZEL
The North Platte Telegraph (NE)
April 15, 2008

Potential environmental contamination problems for the 1913 Post Office
Building and ways to address them were the topic of conversation at a
City Council work session Tuesday night.

The property adjacent to the 1913 building was once home to a dry
cleaner establishment, which could mean problems for Creative Unlimited
Arts Council, who plan to turn the abandoned building into a cultural
center.

"The Arts Council has a great project going here, so we are going to do
what we can to expedite the process for them," said Mayor G. Keith
Richardson.

The first phase of an environmental impact investigation into the 1913
building has already begun, said Steve Kemp of the NDEQ.

http://www.nptelegraph.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19487208&BRD=377&PAG=461&dept_id=601696&rfi=6