2008 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:32:57 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Michigan to expand tax credits

Michigan brownfield tax credit change should spur investment

Candace Beeke
Ann Arbor Business Review (MI)
April 10, 2008

Pending changes to Michigan's brownfield tax credits should spur
investment by returning more money to developers' pockets, experts say.

House Bill 5511, which increases Michigan Business Tax brownfield
credits along with other changes, passed "virtually unanimously" in the
House and Senate at the end of March, said John Byl, chair of Warner,
Norcross & Judd's environmental practice group, which helped draft the
legislation. The governor was expected to sign the amendment.

"I think we'll see a lot of projects move forward" now, Byl said.

The legislation permanently increases brownfield tax credits from 10
percent to 12.5 percent and, in some cases, even more. These tax credits
apply to construction-related expenses performed on an eligible
brownfield, by the Brownfield Act's standards - a definition that was
expanded in December.

http://blog.mlive.com/ann_arbor_business_review/2008/04/brownfield_tax_credit_change_s.html