2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: "Stumpf, Annette L ERDC-CERL-IL" <Annette.L.Stumpf@erdc.usace.army.mil>
Date: 1 Nov 2006 19:39:23 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: RE: [CPEO-BIF] brownfield deconstruction projects?

Hi all,

We're doing a research project to try to explain to brownfield project teams
how to assess brownfield sites and be "market-smart" (or sustainable) in
determining what buildings, materials and resources can be reused or recycled
or sold.

Does anyone know of a Brownfield project that actually deliberately recycled
or reused materials, or demolished/deconstructed facilities and recycled
/reused the materials/building components?

We would love to hear about those projects, or to see a weblink.

So far many of the Brownfield project write-ups we've found on the internet
don't talk about this aspect of the project.

Thanks!

Annette Stumpf
Research Architect
Engineer Research & Development Center
Construction Engineering Research Laboratory CEERD-CF-N, P.O. Box 9005,
Champaign IL 61826-9005 800-USA-CERL ext. 4492 or 217-373-4492
https://eko.usace.army.mil/cop/sdd/index.cfm
http://www.cecer.army.mil/SustDesign/
http://www.cecer.army.mil/

The principles you live by create the world you live in; if you change the
principles you live by, you will change the world.  (Blaine Lee)