2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 9 Oct 2006 15:19:24 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Petoskey Pointe (MI) tax credit debate

[I expect this issue to come up more and more: Are Brownfields subsidies for development in general, or are they targeted at properties with significant environmentally impairments? - LS]

Allen supports review of $4.5 million tax credit request

By CRAIG McCOOL
Traverse City Record Eagle (MI)
October 8, 2006

PETOSKEY — A state lawmaker said he is "very concerned" that developers behind a downtown project cited inaccurate information on an application worth millions in brownfield tax credits.

Sen. Jason Allen, R-Traverse City, supports a complete review of Petoskey Pointe developers' application for a $4.5 million tax credit, awarded in June by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation.

"Clearly, it's an oversight issue between the (Department of Environmental Quality) and the MEDC. I think it's appropriate for them to take full review of the problems that are going on," Allen said.

http://www.record-eagle.com/2006/oct/08pointe.htm

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org