2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 17 Apr 2006 01:44:56 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Risk assessment request for information

Hi Lenny,

I was wondering if you could post this on the Brownfields mailing list. Thanks,

Deb

---------------

Hi all,

I am a graduate student working on my Phd research that involves estimating the potential health and ecological risk from former industrial properties in Worcester, MA. However, from my search so far for release data, I find that this is pretty much unavailable for the period prior to the 1980s.

I am trying to find a method of calculating some measurement of risk by trying to catalogue the type of process that were involved in these properties without using actual release data or having the resources to do selective sampling. I am wondering whether listserv members know of modeling techniques that allow you to do some characterization of the risk using:
1) type of industry
2) inputs (raw materials), outputs (products) and byproducts (waste)
3) process involved

Please let me know if I was not very clear with my request. Thanks to all in advance!

Deb Sinha.

Graduate School of Geography
Clark University
Worcester, MA
debsinha@gmail.com

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org