2005 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 23 Dec 2005 16:14:12 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Ithaca (NY) indoor air results

Test results worry S. Hill residents
Pollution numbers come back high for some homes not tested previously

By JENNIE DALEY
Ithaca Journal (NY)
December 23, 2005

ITHACA - As test results trickle into resident's mailboxes, some, like
Stan Scharf and John Criscitello, are less than pleased with what the
news they're getting.

?I'm in a bad position,? Criscitello said of his results. ?I'm in a
contaminated house, and I'm here with three kids.?

The tattoo artist had wanted his house to be tested a year and a half
ago, when questions about possible pollution from the former Morse Chain
plant, now owned by Emerson Power Transmission, first arose. Now, after
being included in the third round of tests, Criscitello isn't happy with
what he's learned.

http://www.theithacajournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051223/NEWS01/512230324/1002