2005 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 17 Mar 2005 18:43:43 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Ithaca (NY) vapor intrusion site - residents dissatisfied

Residents getting no satisfaction from state, Emerson

JENNIE DALEY
Ithaca Journal (NY)
March 17, 2005

ITHACA -- With only one house between his home and the test zone, Rick
Grossman has been pushing hard to have his family's Park Street
residence examined for contamination that originated at the former Morse
Chain plant. So far, all he has been told is that two monitoring wells
are going in nearby.

"We're worried about our health, especially of our kids. Every day of
waiting is one of wondering what's happened and if it is still
happening," Grossman said.

Like many in the area, Grossman has repeatedly called the New York State
Department of Conservation, the New York State Department of Health and
Emerson Power Transmission representatives. With most calls he seeks
updates on the project's progress but said he feels he has gotten little
information to date.

http://www.theithacajournal.com/news/stories/20050317/localnews/2078444.html