2005 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: "Robert Hersh" <b_hersh@verizon.net>
Date: 4 Mar 2005 22:22:26 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Toxics Action Center Conference in Boston April 2nd

Submitted by MASSPIRG

MASSPIRG is proud to be a sponsor of the Toxics Action Center 2005 Citizen
Conference on April 2. For more information on the conference, please visit:

http://www.toxicsaction.org/toxics.asp?id2=15861

To register for the conference, please visit:

http://www.toxicsaction.org/confregMA.html

Toxics Action Center 2005 Citizen Conference For Safe Neighborhoods and a
Healthy Environment

MEET THE EXPERTS

LEARN NEW SKILLS

NETWORK

AND BE INSPIRED!

Toxics Action Center invites you to Toxics Action 2005, our 19th annual
environmental leadership conference on April 2, 2005, from 8 a.m. until 7
p.m., at Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, MA.

This year's speakers include activist and writer Frances Moore Lappe, author
of Diet for a Small Planet and co-founder of Small Planet Institute, and
wind energy advocate Jim Gordon, president of Cape Wind Associates, who is
working to build the nation's largest offshore wind farm off of Cape Cod.

The conference will offer 45 workshops to help you develop skills and
strategies to win your fights against pollution in your communities,
including:

- Generating Front Page Media Coverage

- Winning the Support of Elected Officials

- Recruiting New Members for Your Group

- Planning a Winning Campaign

- Grant Writing

You will have the opportunity to discuss environmental and public health
threats and solutions with experts in the field.

You can network throughout the day with other activists and decision-makers,
including Bob Golledge, Commissioner of the Massachusetts Department of
Environmental Protection, who will be there to answer your questions about
any local concerns. And, you can visit with old friends and make new ones at
the post-conference party at the nearby pub, Our House.

Toxics Action 2005 is a day to recognize our many victories over the year
and be inspired to go back to our communities and continue the fight to
protect the health and safety of our families.

See all of the conference workshops,

Browse the silent auction prizes,

Learn more about the speakers,

See who is cosponsoring the event,

Register,

And get directions to Wentworth at

www.toxicsaction.org.

Registration is $50 to cosponsor, $30 pre-paid and $35 at the door.
Breakfast, a reception, and childcare are included.

Email Elizabeth at elizabeth@toxicsaction.org or call her at (617) 747-4362
with questions.