2005 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Bruce-Sean Reshen <reshen@mindspring.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2005 21:55:10 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: [CPEO-BIF] Re: Brownfields Digest, Vol 6, Issue 10

Thanks Larry for the on target example.  I think, though, the issue is
not simply that the existing regulations did not require addressing VI
issues at legacy sites (sites closed in the distant past), but that VI
issues were not addressed by anyone (buyers, sellers, developers and
regulators) at these sites.  While I am not suggesting that we not
address those issues today, I am suggesting that it not be solely the
financial responsibility of the innocent developer.