2004 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 29 Apr 2004 21:40:21 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: TCE Treatment in Mountain View

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caab6aBaVxieRa8xCZRa/ UOP

The way things work

Public gets a behind-the-scenes look at TCE clean-up systems in MV

By Grace Rauh
Mountain View Voice (CA)
April 30, 2004

Under a bright blue sky, a crowd of curious spectators cross the Nokia
parking lot and huddle around a groundwater treatment system on the
technology company's property.

The clean-up facility is surrounded by a tall fence and would hardly
prompt a second glance from most people, but the group gathered there
last Wednesday was aching for a peek and an explanation. This was, after
all, the first public behind-the-scenes tour of two new clean-up systems
used to remove the cancer-causing solvent TCE from Mountain View's
ground water.

"When you see it, it's impressive. The technology is impressive," said
Jane Horton, a Northeast Mountain View Advisory Council board member.
"And the safeguards that are with it, it was good to see that."

The treatment systems were installed in 2003 after a group of residents
grew increasingly concerned about the "air strippers" formerly used in
the clean-up efforts. The air strippers were designed to emit TCE in
amounts below the safe level, but residents called for new treatment
systems to entirely remove the chemical.

for the entire story, see
http://www.mv-voice.com/morgue/2004/2004_04_30.tour.shtml

Need to find the right school to fit your needs
CollegeInformation.info has already found it. Get educated
on your future ? degrees, financial aid and more!
http://click.topica.com/caab8LbaVxieRa8xCZRf/ College Info