2003 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: LSchnapf@aol.com
Date: 8 Jul 2003 17:25:36 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: [CPEO-BIF]

Hi Charlie,

It is always good to hear from you. I represented Greyston Foundation in its purchase of a former MGP site in Yonkers. We used the NY VCP to limit the liability and get a use-based cleanup and incorporated the remedy into the building which was designed by the woman who did the Vietnam Memorial. It was a great example of how one can use the flexibility of the NY VCP to accomplish the three E's.

I am now the chair of the Environmental Business Association (EBA) brownfield task force and we are having a salon event in Yonkers on July 31st where we will discuss this project as well as another one in the Yonkers area. We also will have the president of the Hudson Valley Economic Development Corp make a presentation. The organization has apparently developed an inventory of brownfield sites in the Hudson Valley.

Larry

Larry Schnapf
55 E.87th Street #8B/8C
New York, NY 10128