2003 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: jschwab@planning.org
Date: 7 Jul 2003 14:39:31 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: RE: [CPEO-BIF]

I don't fall into either of the two categories you wanted to hear from.
Instead, I am an urban planner. However, somewhat relevant to the question
you raise, and the experience of charitable nonprofits in dealing with these
situations, I do recall a relatively recent case in which Goodwill
Industries inherited a problem through a donation of land from a paint
company, Dutch Boy, on the South Side of Chicago. Below is a link to an item
concerning that investigation. There was more in the local news
media--Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago Tribune, etc., about this case  at the
time.

http://www.egr.msu.edu/tosc/dutchboy/dbsiteinv.shtml

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/VA-news/WDBJ-7/script_archives/02/0702/071202/0712
02.6.htm