2002 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 12 Nov 2002 06:08:47 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] EJ/Community Caucus reminder

Reminder: EJ/Community Caucus to Meet Twice in Charlotte

This year the "National EJ/Community Brownfields Caucus" will convene
Wednesday and Thursday nights (November 13 & 14) from 8:00 to 10:00 pm
(both nights) at the Carolina A Room in the Adams Mark Hotel in
Charlotte. The caucus is designed to provide an informal forum for
grassroots participants in Brownfields 2002 to network, share
experiences, and propose ideas.

This year, we will ask caucus members to identify their needs for
training, technical assistance, and other support. The new national
brownfields law authorizes EPA to provide such services, but it has not
yet proposed an implementing program. CPEO also sees the caucus as an
opportunity for local activists to compare notes about developments in
state brownfields programs. Finally, we will discuss EPA's plans to
develop standards and practices, under the new Brownfields Law, for "all
appropriate inquiries," a federal version of Phase I and Phase II site assessments.

Lenny Siegel
CPEO