2000 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 10:00:03 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: [CPEO-BIF] Assessing Contractors Capabilities for Streamlined Site Inves

[ Original message from "Frances Hoffman" <fhoffman@instrm.org>]

TO the cpeo brownfields list-serve:

The Institute for Responsible Management (IRM) has been
conducting research on and working with the EPA Brownfields
Assessment Pilots through a cooperative agreement with US EPA
since the inception of their Brownfields Initiative.
One of the many products that IRM has provided to the EPA
Brownfields Pilot community and its stakeholders is the IRM
newsletter:  "The Brownfields EPA Pilot News".  It is chock full of
useful and insightful explorations of issues, case studies,
brownfields tools, and other related information.

"Choosing the Right Environmental Consultant", an article in the
February 1999 issue of the IRM newsletter (Vol.2. Issue 2) provides
summary and comment on a number of consultant selection and
management "how-tos", including the piece by TIO noted in a recent
list serve message.
That article can be accessed through IRM's Web Site.
http://www.instrm.org/bfnews/htm.

Take a moment and look through our website.  We have direct links
to current state laws pertaining to brownfields redevelopment, and to
an extensive list of other resources.  In particular, if you are looking
for resources for small municipalities and rural areas, check our list of
resources we developed especially for those circumstances.

We would appreciate any comments and/or suggestions regarding
the web site.  We believe that brownfields redevelopment based on
multi-stakeholder involvement is essential to the long-term "health"
of our neighborhoods/cities/states, and we are committed to helping
make it work.

Fran Hoffman

Frances Hoffman
Vice President for Planning and Research
Institute for Responsible Management (IRM)
46 Bayard Street, Suite 401
New Brunswick, NJ  08901
Voice: 732-296-1960
Fax:  732-296-1972